- Location:Beefland Feed Yard
- Type:Business Manager
The Business Manager (BS) aides General Manager in achieving successful operations at the location, including, but not limited to office administration, customer marketing and relations, and assumes location responsibility in the absence of the General Manager.
1. Assumes location responsibility in the absence of the General Manager.
2. Supervises office manager, and cattle clerk to ensure smooth office operation.
3. Assist General Manager on such duties as customer relations, cattle sales; handling order buyers; risk management, providing customer tours; etc.
4. Assist with farm entity operations. Maintain production and expense records.
5. Assist in the purchase of feed ingredients and maintain inventory records.
6. Assist in the procurement and payment of corn, high moisture corn, and milo. Coordinate harvest schedules and activities.
7. Serves as a resource to the location management team on employee issues and safety matter.
8. Assist with the coordination and purchase of commodities (may include feeder cattle, corn, proteins, and supplements)
9. Assist General Manager with the recruiting and hiring of employees.
10. Assist General Manager with customer marketing; and provides for effective delivery of service & product.
11. In association with General Manager and supervisors at the location, completes recruiting, training, people development, performance feedback, manages evaluations of any necessary disciplinary action, and documents appropriate actions.
This position supervises office personnel and assists departmental supervisors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Business, Business or related field or 3-5 years of prior relevant experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Effective communication skills
• 3+ years’ experience leading the day-to-day office administration
• Excellent work ethic, leadership skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Travel as needed, to support business objectives.